We recently got a text message from a client that read “I am giving my tape extensions so much TLC but they seem to all be sliding out”. After chatting with her, we discovered that she had been applying an oil based leave-in conditioner to her extensions often to keep them nice and lush. Our response was “you are doing it wrong”. While your extensions can benefit from a good leave-in conditioner, here are a few tips:
- Ensure that you only apply leave in products to only the ends of your extensions.
- Avoid applying the leave-in product daily, as the extensions will absorb the product and it may get to the roots or bonds of your extensions.
- If your extensions feel extra dry, check your shampoo to confirm that it is sulphate free and wash it less frequently.
- Use only a dime size of your leave-in product, as a little goes a long way.
- Use cream based as opposed to oil based leave-in products sparingly.
- Consider using Fab Me, a leave in product by Design Me, its our current fave. It has 18 benefits, including heat damage protection, frizz control, split end smoother, breakage prevention, hydration, detangling and lots more. Call, text or email to order. We will ship it straight to you for free.
Any questions? Drop them in the comments.